Radically simple media management solution marks fifth major launches – new transcode, metadata, hybrid cloud capabilities; support for 2 million assets
BOSTON, April 4, 2017 — NAB 2017 (Booth SL13609). Axle Video, the leader in affordable, storage-agnostic media management software, launches their newest product, axle 2017. axle 2017 is a major step forward in the scale, stability and features of the company’s software, while retaining its award-winning radical simplicity. Key innovations in the release include:
- Doubling of capacity to over 2 million video, image, and audio files
- Advanced Transcode option for axle Gear allows proxy encoding and other transcode tasks
- Refined versions of axle’s Premiere Pro Panel and Final Cut X export
- Wider range of metadata fields including multi-select tag clouds, pop-up date fields and large text fields that can be used for scripts or other long documents
- Cloud Mirror option allows axle 2017 sites to maintain an externally-accessible echo of their internal H.264 proxy media and metadata
“axle ai launches axle 2017, the fifth generation of axle software, is truly a milestone for axle Video.” said Sam Bogoch, CEO of axle Video, “Its features and refinements reflect the growth of axle’s diverse user community, now more than 400 sites, across broadcast and online news, entertainment, education, business, arts, government, and worship. Nearly everyone in our industry shares the need to quickly find, tag, browse, reuse, and collaborate – axle meets those needs within the reach of modest real-world budgets.”
New strategic partnerships
The company is exhibiting at its fifth consecutive NAB this year (it won Best of Show at its 2013 debut), in booth SL13609. The company will be highlighting not only its own products, but key partnerships with Avid (which now includes axle Starter software with all Avid NEXIS|PRO storage configurations), Symply (booth SL13710), G-Technology (booth SL10105), Panasas (booth SL9724), Red Hat (SU 8124) and LumaForge. In addition, the company will announce a newly available integration with Softron’s MovieRecordersoftware and hardware (SL13116).
Pricing and Availability
- axle Starter $495 2 users; subset of axle 2017 features; available now
- axle 2017 starts at $1,295; 2 users; available now
- axle Gear with Advanced Transcode starts at $4,995; 5 users; available now
- axle Advanced Transcode $995 for existing axle Gear users; available now
- axle Cloud Mirror option $249/month; available May 31st.
About axle Video
axle Video (www.axlevideo.com) is the recognized leader in developing radically simple media management software. It solutions have helped over 400 organizations improve the way they create, share and store digital video content with media management solutions that are easy to install, use and afford. axle’s radically simple media management uniquely addresses a burgeoning need and has caught on rapidly among video professionals in post-production, education, broadcast, corporate, sports, house of worship, non-profit, advertising-marketing, and government organizations worldwide. At its introduction, axle Video’s software was recognized with the IBC 2012 Best of Show award and at NAB 2013 with the prestigious DV Magazine Black Diamond and Post Picks awards. axle Video is a privately held company; its founders have extensive industry experience in media asset management for creative applications. Learn more at www.axlevideo.com.